Who Are We Looking For?
- Mature baptized followers of Jesus Christ.
- Can affirm the principles of the Apostle's Creed, a common statement of faith.
- Men and women, generally 18-30 years of age, who desire to grow as leaders and experience a challenging ministry adventure.
- Ability and willingness to partner with people from different Christian backgrounds.
- Ability and willingness to interact relationally with co-workers and park visitors of different faiths, backgrounds, and cultures.
- Summer availability of at least 90 days, through August 20th or later (as close to Labor Day as possible).
- High level of commitment to ministry and calling.
- Possess a teachable spirit and a great attitude!
- Desire to be flexible, spontaneous and adventurous!
Applying to Serve on a Ministry Team
After you have prayed about ministry with ACMNP, your first step is to apply online for a Ministry Team Member placement in one of the national parks where we serve.We cannot begin to consider you for an opportunity until we have an application, so get this in as soon as possible!
- Determine if you are available to spend at least 90 days working in a national park
- Complete the online application.
The application has an area for you to list your top three park location preferences. While we take this into consideration, we cannot guarantee that one of your requested locations will be offered. Decisions are based on dates of availability and current team needs.
- Pay your non-refundable $25 application fee. Make sure to designate this payment as such by writing "Application Fee" in the Notes section of the payment page.
- Secure three references by directing each of them to submit this reference form electronically.
- Feel free to call the ACMNP National Office to check on your application status and verify you have everything complete.
- Every placement offer sent is for a team member position, team leaders will not be determined until the training conference in April. At that time, we will designate the leadership role to those who are seminary students and/or have indicated interest on their application.
Applying for Employment in the Park
After you’re offered a Ministry Team Member placement from the ACMNP National Office, you must then apply separately for paid employment in your assigned park location. Don't worry, we will guide you through this process!
- Click your “Accept the Call” email.
- Follow the directions in your placement offer that will guide you to the employment link to apply for a job within 24 hours.
- Apply for entry-level positions like:
Wait staff, Food service, Retail, Front desk, Housekeeping, Bellhop
- While acceptance to minister with ACMNP does not guarantee a concessionaire employment offer, please know that we advocate on your behalf and work hard to be sure every team member has secured summer employment. Understand that each concessionaire follows their own hiring schedule, so please be patient with their hiring process and contact us if you have any questions.
What Will This Cost Me?
Ministry Team Members will actually earn an income through seasonal employment with private park hospitality companies (concessionaires). Additionally, seminarians enrolled in a seminary or theological graduate program will be eligible for a $1,500 scholarship stipend ($2,500 for returning seminarian leaders). Room and board is provided at minimal cost and differs by national park location and employer.You will find quickly that living in a national park is very inexpensive, and most team members usually walk away with $2000-3000 in their pockets by the end of the summer!
ACMNP's ministry in the national parks is a specialized effort and presents unique challenges. Therefore, every ministry team member is required to attend the ACMNP Training Conference.
Please also note that Ministry Team Members are responsible for transportation to/from the training conference and transportation to/from the national park where they will serve.
Need Financial Help?
The National Training Conference registration fee ($175) and ministry related transportation costs are important mission expenses! Team Members are welcome to pay these costs on their own. If funding is an issue for you, we are here to help. Upon request, ACMNP will provide a basic fundraising package that can be used to seek prayers, encouragement and financial help for your summer ministry. Team Members will be blessed as others invest in their ministry! Inquire here for more information!
What is Next?
When you click the "Accept the Call" button...
- You will be automatically registered for the National Training Conference.
- You will receive information on how to access on-line training materials.
- You will receive on-line access to contact information for your Team Members and your Ministry Support Committee to start getting to know them before summer even starts!
- You will be placed on our e-mail training database and will begin receiving regular messages through which you will receive information, instruction, and inspiration!
For more information on training and support in your assigned park location (including training requirements), click here, check out our parks pages, or call us today at (800) 786-3450.