Yellowstone National Park, ID, MT, WY
A Christian Ministry in the National Parks Involvement
What We Do
ACMNP in Yellowstone provides:
- Christian fellowship activities for visitors, residents, and employees
- Leadership development for ministry team members and seminarians
- Positive relationships among seasonal co-workers and internationals
- Pastoral care during emergencies
Interdenominational Services of Worship
Ministry teams lead interdenominational services of worship on Sundays, pending National Park Service permit approval.
- Bridge Bay Campground Amphitheater: 8:30 AM, 10:30 AM, and 7:00 PM
- Canyon Village Campground Amphitheater: 9:00 AM, 10:30 AM, and 7:00 PM
- Norris Campground Amphitheater: 9:00 AM
- Fishing Bridge RV Park Amphitheater: 9:00 AM, 10:30 AM, and 7:00 PM
- Grant Village Campground Amphitheater: 9:00 AM, 10:30 AM, and 7:00 PM
- LAKE LOCATION
- Lake Hotel, Sun Room: 8:00 AM, and 10:00 AM
- Lake Lodge, Recreation Hall: 9:00 AM and 8:30 PM
- MAMMOTH LOCATION
- Mammoth Campground Amphitheater: 8:30 AM and 7:00 PM
- Yellowstone Park Chapel: 8:30 AM and 10:30 AM
- OLD FAITHFUL LOCATION
- Old Faithful Inn, Porch Balcony: 8:00 AM, and 11:00 AM
- Old Faithful Lodge, Recreation Area: 8:30 PM
- Madison Amphitheater: 8:30 AM, 10:30 AM, and 7:00 PM
- Tower Falls Campground Amphitheater: 8:30 AM and 7:30 PM
Ministry Team Member Information
Our Yellowstone teams serve at six different locations: Mammoth Hot Springs, Old Faithful, Lake/Bridge Bay, Grant Village, Canyon, and Tower/Roosevelt. There are approximately 30 ministry team members throughout these various locations every summer.
- Summer only
- Mentors available for seminarians
- Catholic mass available for interested team members (Mammoth only)
Ministry team members seek employment in Yellowstone National Park through two different concession companies: Xanterra and Yellowstone Park Service Stations (YPSS) at their respective location assignments.
- Preferred availability of mid/late May through late August or later
- Dormitory-style housing with shared bath
- Limited married housing available
- Bringing a car is highly encouraged!
- Each site location needs a minimum of two cars per team
- Retail at gift shops
- Restaurant/food service
- Front desk
- Gas station attendant
* If you are interested in serving in Yellowstone as a ministry team member, you must first apply with ACMNP. To learn more about working and living in Yellowstone National Park (including employee housing costs and logistics), please visit the following employer links: http://www.yellowstonejobs.com/ and http://ypss.com/.
How YOU can get involved with ACMNP in Yellowstone National Park
- Apply to serve as a ministry team member!
- Attend a service of worship during your next trip.
- Support our team by volunteering to serve on a local Ministry Support Committee.
- Contact us to learn more.
Information About The Park
In 1872, Yellowstone became America’s very first national park and still beckons visitors from all over the world to explore its beauty and wonders. Located in the northwest corner of Wyoming, bordering into Montana and Idaho, these 2,219,791 acres captivate audiences with over 300 geysers, thousands of hydrothermal features, diverse landscape, and vast wildlife. Whether watching the bison graze across the pasture, standing in awe of the waterfall rushing through the canyon, or witnessing “Old Faithful” first-hand, Yellowstone will never leave you disappointed.
- Old Faithful Geyser
- Grand Canyon of Yellowstone
- Mammoth Hot Springs
- Tower Falls
- Yellowstone Lake
- Artist Point
Yellowstone boasts one of the most diverse collections of wildlife of any national park. Here you will find over 60 different mammals including the grizzly bear, moose, elk, cougar, and the largest population of bison on public land in the entire country ranging anywhere from 2,300 to 4,500 bison!
To learn more about travelling to Yellowstone National Park, what the weather is like, park activities, or planning your trip, please visit www.nps.gov/yell.