Virgin Islands National Park, St. John, USVI
A Christian Ministry in the National Parks Involvement
What We Do
ACMNP in the Virgin Islands provides:
- Interdenominational services of worship on Sundays(Thanksgiving through Easter), pending National Park Service permit approval
- Christian fellowship activities for visitors, residents, and employees
- Leadership development for ministry team members and seminarians
- Positive relationships among seasonal co-workers and internationals
- Pastoral care during emergencies
Interdenominational Services of Worship
Ministry teams lead interdenominational services of worship on Sundays, pending National Park Service permit approval.
- Cinnamon Bay Campground, beachfront: 8:30 AM
- Caneel Bay Resort, Turtle Bay Activity Room, Veranda: 10:00 AM
Ministry Team Member Information
Our winter location in St. John comprises a small team of two individuals. Both candidates for this ministry placement must be alumni of the ACMNP ministry program, and either be the same gender or married.
- Winter placement only
- There are no mentors available
- Catholic mass available for interested team members
- Cultural sensitivity required (90% of coworkers are local West Indians)
Ministry team members seek employment from Caneel Bay Resorts, located out of Cruz Bay, St. John.
- Preferred availability of early November through late April/early May
- Single bedroom apartment
- Fully furnished, with kitchen
- Housing shared by ACMNP team members
- Water Sports
- Front desk
- Restaurant/Food Service (Fine dining experience required)
- No car is necessary for this location
* If you are interested in serving in St. John as a ministry team member, you must first apply with ACMNP. To learn more about working and living in St. John, please visit www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/caneelbay.
How YOU can get involved with ACMNP in St. John, US Virgin Islands
- Apply to serve as a ministry team member!
- Attend a service of worship during your next trip.
- Support our team by volunteering to serve on a local Ministry Support Committee.
- Contact us to learn more.
Information About The Park
There is no better way to experience the Caribbean than to visit the beautiful island of St. John, one of the three U.S. Virgin Islands. With 7,000 acres of rolling hills and white sandy beaches, you will surely find paradise on this small island while experiencing the present beauty and learning of its rich and complex past. From windsurfing to sailing, snorkeling to scuba diving, or even hiking to sun bathing, you will quickly learn why this small park is a gem!
- Trunk Bay
- Ram’s Head Hike
- Skinny Legs
- Waterlemon Cay
- Annaberg Sugar Plantation
- Reef Bay Trail
In this location, you will encounter wildlife unlike any other national park in the United States. While exploring this island, you will find wild donkeys grazing in the grass or strolling along the island roads, mongoose scavenging for their next meal, iguanas, stingray, nerf sharks, and a fluorescent array of the most beautiful tropical fish you will ever see.
To learn more about travelling to St. John in the US Virgin Islands, what the weather is like, park activities, or planning your trip, please visit www.nps.gov/viis.