North Cascades National Park, WA
A Christian Ministry in the National Parks Involvement
What We Do
ACMNP in North Cascades provides:
- Christian fellowship activities for visitors, residents, and employees
- Leadership development for ministry team members and seminarians
- Positive relationships among seasonal co-workers and internationals
- Pastoral care during emergencies
Interdenominational Services of Worship
Ministry teams lead interdenominational services of worship on Sundays, pending National Park Service permit and concessionaire approval
- North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin Kayak Cabana: Saturdays 6:00 PM
Ministry Team Member Information
Our North Cascades team is typically comprised of 2 individuals who both serve in the same park location.
- Summer only
- Mentor not available for seminarians
- Catholic mass not available
Employment InformationMinistry team members seek employment at the North Cascades Lodge in Stehekin, WA.
- Preferred availability of early-June through late-August
- Shared cabin-style housing
- Married housing is available
- Restaurant/food service
- Front desk/Retail
- A vehicle is not necessary at this location as it is extremely remote, and only accessible by boat or by plane.
* If you are interested in serving in Glen Canyon as a Ministry Team Member, you must first apply with ACMNP. To learn more about working and living in North Cascades National Park (including employee housing costs), please visit http://www.lodgeatstehekin.com/stehekin-lodge-jobs.htm
How YOU can get involved with ACMNP in North Cascades National Park
- Apply to serve as a ministry team member!
- Attend a service of worship during your next trip.
- Support our team by volunteering to serve on a local Ministry Support Committee.
- Contact us to learn more.
Information About The Park
Stehekin is a remote mountain community that is nestled in a valley at the far end of Lake Chelan. Stehekin, meaning “the way through” to the cascades, can only be accessed by ferry, foot, or sea plane. The 11 mile road in the valley stretches north to the south entrance of North Cascades National Park, the gateway to over 300 glaciers and the most jagged peaks in the Pacific Northwest. With no cell reception, and limited internet use, Stehekin operates out of “what America used to be”. Whether one stays in the valley or ventures to the rugged peaks, this peaceful gem in the mountains will not disappoint in its majestic design and beautiful people.
- McGregor Mountain
- Rainbow Falls
- Pacific Crest Trail
- Hidden Meadows
- Cascade Pass
- Buelers Bluff
- Horseshoe Basin
The rugged and remote terrain of the North Cascades attracts the wildest of wildlife. Here you can expect to see American black bear, pica, marmot, elk, white tailed deer, mountain goats, and Kockenee salmon.
To learn more about travelling to North Cascades National Park, what the weather is like, park activities, or planning your trip, please visit www.nps.gov/noca/