Kenai Fjords National Park, AK
A Christian Ministry in the National Parks Involvement
What We Do
ACMNP in Kenai Fjords provides:
- Christian fellowship activities for visitors, residents, and employees
- Leadership development for ministry team members and seminarians
- Positive relationships among seasonal co-workers and internationals
- Pastoral care during emergencies
Ministry Team Member Information
Our summer team in Kenai Fjords is typically 3-4 ministry team members, all of whom serve in the same park location.
- Summer only
- Mentors not available for seminarians
- Catholic mass nearby for interested team members
Ministry team members seek employment from the Alaska Collective at Kenai Fjords Tours.
- Preferred availability of mid-late May until mid-September
- Ticket Sales
- Dorm-style with shared bath
- No married housing
- Bringing a car is optional but highly encouraged!
* If you are interested in serving in Kenai Fjords as a ministry team member, you must first apply with ACMNP. To learn more about working and living in Kenai Fjords (including employee housing costs), please visit http://www.kenaifjords.com/ and http://www.alaskacollection.com/corporate/careers/
How YOU can get involved with ACMNP in Kenai Fjords
- Apply to serve as a ministry team member!
- Attend a service of worship during your next trip.
- Support our team by volunteering to serve on a local Ministry Support Committee.
- Contact us to learn more.
Information About The ParkKenai Fjords is heavily glaciated with over 51% of the park being covered in ice! One of the famous trails in the park leads you to the Harding Icefield which receives 60 feet of snowfall every year. There were nearly 40 glaciers that orginated from this icefield, first formed 23,000 years ago. Enjoy your time in this park exploring the icefields and glaciers, taking a tour on the water into the fjords, or getting in a kayak and staying near the great town of Seward or Fox Island!
- Fox Island
- Alaska SeaLife Center
- Harding Icefield Trail
- Exit Glacier
- Resurrection Bay
Be prepared for diverse wildlife here! There are over 191 species of birds within the park, land animals ranging from black and brown bear to coyote, hoary marmot, or northern bog lemming, and marine mammals ranging from sea otters to many types of whales, and porpoise.