Grand Teton National Park, WY
A Christian Ministry in the National Parks Involvement
What We Do
ACMNP in Grand Teton provides:
- Christian fellowship activities for visitors, residents, and employees
- Leadership development for ministry team members and seminarians
- Positive relationships among seasonal co-workers and internationals
- Pastoral care during emergencies
Interdenominational Services of Worship
Ministry teams lead interdenominational services of worship on Sundays, pending National Park Service permit approval.
- Colter Bay Amphitheater: 8:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 5:30 PM
- Flagg Ranch Campfire Circle: 8:00 AM, 10:00 AM
- Gros Vente Campground Amphitheater: 9:30 AM, 7:00 PM
- Jackson Lake Lodge: 8:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 7:30 PM
- Jenny Lake Campground: 8:00 AM
- Signal Mountain Campground: 8:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 7:30 PM
Ministry Team Member Information
Team members serve at several different locations in Grand Teton: Jackson Lake, Colter Bay, Signal Mountain, and Jenny Lake. All 10-16 team members will typically meet together and then split into smaller groups for leading worship services.
- Summer only
- Mentor not available for seminarians
- Catholic mass nearby for interested team members
Ministry team members seek employment from either Grand Teton Lodge Company (Jackson Lake, Colter Bay, and Jenny Lake) or Forever Resorts (Signal Mountain).
- Preferred aavailability of mid-May through mid-September (Grand Teton Lodge Company) or end of September (Signal Mountain)
- Retail at gift shops
- Restaurant/food service
- Guest services/campground attendant
- Front desk/Housekeeping
- Lifeguarding or horse wrangling(Jackson Lake only); Marina (Colter Bay only)
- Dorm-style with shared bath
- Married housing available
- Bringing a car is necessary for at least half the team.
* If you are interested in serving in Grand Teton as a ministry team member, you must first apply with ACMNP. To learn more about working and living in Grand Teton (including employee housing costs), please visit http://www.gtlc.com/about-us/employment-index.aspx.
How YOU can get involved with ACMNP in Grand Teton National Park
- Apply to serve as a ministry team member!
- Attend a service of worship during your next trip.
- Support our team by volunteering to serve on a local Ministry Support Committee.
- Contact us to learn more.
Information About The Park
The mountains of Wyoming’s Teton Range, braided by the twisting Snake River in the Jackson Hole valley, begin innocently at 7,000 ft sagebrush meadows and then suddenly rise to 13,770 ft summits like the Grand. The Tetons are full of towering mountain peaks, alpine cirques, shimmering turquoise glacial-fed lakes and streams, carpets of wildflowers, aspen groves, and rocky canyons. They will take your breath away!
Popular activities in Grand Teton include hiking, backpacking, camping, rock climbing, mountaineering, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, biking, and river rafting.
- Jackson, WY
- Taggart and Bradley Lakes
- Jackson and Jenny Lakes
- Paintbrush, Cascade, and Death Canyons
- Hermitage Point
- Oxbow Bend
In the Tetons, you can expect to view grizzly and black bears, bison, moose, deer, marmots, mountain lion, lynx, elk, mountain goat, bighorn sheep, and hundreds of different kinds of smaller mammals and birds.
To learn more about travelling to Grand Teton National Park, what the weather is like, park activities, or planning your trip, please visit http://www.nps.gov/grte/index.htm.