Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park, MT & Canada
A Christian Ministry in the National Parks Involvement
Please note: To be considered for placement within the Canadian portion of Waterton-Glacier Park at the Prince of Wales Hotel, applicants MUST either be Canadian or have dual Canadian and U.S. citizenship. If you fit these requirements, please select the "Glacier Waterton" option on the online application. Americans wishing to serve in this park should select "Glacier" on the application instead.
What We Do
ACMNP in Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park provides:
- Christian fellowship activities for visitors, residents, and employees
- Leadership development for ministry team members and seminarians
- Positive relationships among seasonal co-workers and internationals
- Pastoral care during emergencies
Interdenominational Services of Worship
Ministry teams lead interdenominational services of worship on Sundays, pending National Park Service permit approval.
- EAST GLACIER
- Glacier Park Lodge: 9:00 AM
- Two Medicine Campground Amphitheater: 8:30 AM and 6:00 PM
- LAKE McDONALD
- Lake McDonald Lodge Auditorium: 9:00 AM and 6:00 PM
- MANY GLACIER
- Many Glacier Hotel, Lucerne Room: 9:30 AM and 6:00 PM
- Many Glacier Campground (near Swiftcurrent): 8:30 AM and 6:00 PM
- RISING SUN
- Rising Sun Campfire Circle: 8:30 AM and 6:00 PM
- PRINCE OF WALES
- Prince of Wales Hotel, Windsor Lounge: 9:00 AM
- WEST GLACIER
- Apgar Amphitheater: 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM
- Fish Creek Amphitheater: 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM
- Park Headquarters Community Building: 10:00 AM
- ST. MARY
- St. Mary Campground: 8:30 AM and 6:00 PM
Ministry Team Member Information
Our Waterton-Glacier teams serve in eight sites throughout the park, with generally 2-5 team members per location.
- Summer placement only
- Mentors available for seminarians
- Catholic mass nearby for interested team members (with their own transportation)
- Prince of Wales location is only available to those with Canadian or dual Canadian/U.S. citizenship.
Ministry team members seek employment from West Glacier Mercantile, Glacier Park Inc., or Park Café and Grocery, depending upon ministry assignment offered.
- Preferred availability of late May through late August/early September
- Varies in each location ranging from:
- Dorm-style with shared bath
- Small cabin
- No married housing available
- Retail at gift shops
- Restaurant/food service
- Front desk
- Gas station attendant
- Bringing a car is highly encouraged!
- 2 cars are necessary for each location’s team
* If you are interested in serving in Waterton-Glacier as a ministry team member, you must first apply with ACMNP. To learn more about working and living in Waterton-Glacier Park (including employee housing costs), please visit the following links: http://www.westglacier.com; http://glacierparkinc.com; and http://parkcafe.us.
How YOU can get involved with ACMNP in Waterton-Glacier Park
- Apply to serve as a ministry team member!
- Attend a service of worship during your next trip.
- Support our team by volunteering to serve on a local Ministry Support Committee.
- Contact us to learn more.
Information About The Park
Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park is referred to as the ‘crown of the continent’ and is located in the northwest region of Montana and in southern Alberta, Canada. With over 700 miles worth of hiking trails, you will experience the awe-inspiring beauty of glacier carved mountains and valleys, crystal clear alpine lakes, and wildlife at its finest. Popular activities include hiking, backpacking, kayaking, horseback riding, wildlife viewing, and scenic drives across the famous ‘Going-to-the-Sun Road.’
- Going-to-the-Sun Road
- Logan Pass
- Lake McDonald
- Highline Trail
- Grinnell Glacier
Be prepared to see some type of wildlife at every turn in this park location. Waterton-Glacier is home to a diverse population ranging from grizzly bears to the small pika. Other animals you will likely encounter include moose, bighorn sheep, mountain goats, bald eagles, black bears, elk, mountain lions, and many others.
To learn more about travelling to Waterton-Glacier, what the weather is like, park activities, or planning your trip, please visit www.nps.gov/glacier.