Denali National Park & Preserve, AK
A Christian Ministry in the National Parks Involvement
What We Do
ACMNP in Denali provides:
- Christian fellowship activities for visitors, residents, and employees
- Leadership development for ministry team members and seminarians
- Positive relationships among seasonal co-workers and internationals
- Pastoral care during emergencies
Interdenominational Services of Worship
Ministry teams lead interdenominational services of worship on Sundays, pending National Park Service permit approval.
- Cabin Nite Dinner Theatre at McKinley Chalet Resort: 10:00 AM
Ministry Team Member Information
Our team in Denali is typically 2-4 ministry team members who both serve in the same location two miles outside of Denali National Park.
- Summer only
- Mentors available for seminarians (with their own transportation)
- Catholic mass nearby for interested team members (with their own transportation)
- Denali was established for the preservation of land and animals, not tourism, so it is very difficult for teams to get deep into the park. Much of teams’ involvement here involves worship and outreach amongst fellow employees rather than wilderness adventures.
Ministry team members seek employment from Aramark at McKinley Chalet Resort near the entrance to Denali.
- Preferred availability of mid-May through mid-September
- Dorm-style with shared bath
- Married housing available
- Retail at gift shops
- Restaurant/food service
- Front Desk
- A car is not necessary in Denali, although helpful.
* If you are interested in serving in Denali as a ministry team member, you must first apply with ACMNP. To learn more about working and living in Denali (including employee housing costs), please visit http://www.summerdenalijobs.com/why_denali.html.
How YOU can get involved with ACMNP in Denali
- Apply to serve as a ministry team member!
- Attend a service of worship during your next trip.
- Support our team by volunteering to serve on a local Ministry Support Committee.
- Contact us to learn more.
Information About The Park
The national parks don’t get any more remote than Denali! Its six million acres of largely untouched, subarctic wilderness are intersected by one narrow dirt road, accessible only by bus, ending abruptly after 92 miles. Within this wild trail-less land, you’ll encounter terrain like low-elevation forests, snow-capped mountains of the Alaska Range, and alpine tundra.
Denali, meaning “The High One” in native Athabascan, is home to Mount McKinley, the tallest mountain in North America at 20,320 feet. Popular activities for guests and employees include hiking, backpacking, river rafting, and mountaineering for the ultra-adventurous.
- The Savage River
- Sled dog kennels
- Wilderness Access Center
- Wonder Lake
Prepare to see and encounter animals like king and chum salmon in rivers and streams; mammals like grizzly bears, caribou, Dall’s sheep, moose, and wolves (considered the “Big Five”); and swarms of mosquitoes saying hello.
To learn more about travelling to Denali, what the weather is like, park activities, or planning your trip, please visit www.nps.gov/denali.