Blue Ridge Parkway, VA, NC
A Christian Ministry in the National Parks Involvement
What We Do
ACMNP in the Blue Ridge Parkway provides:
- Christian fellowship activities for visitors, residents, and employees
- Leadership development for ministry team members and seminarians
- Positive relationships among seasonal co-workers and internationals
- Pastoral care during emergencies
Interdenominational Services of Worship
Ministry teams lead interdenominational services of worship on Sundays, pending National Park Service permit approval.
- Julian Price/Linville, Julian Price Campground Amphitheatre: 9:00 AM
- Mt. Pisgah, Mt. Pisgah Campfire Circle: 9:30 AM
- Peaks of Otter, Peaks of Otter Campground Amphitheatre: 9:30 AM, 10:30 AM
Ministry Team Member Information
Team members serve at several different locations along the Blue Ridge Parkway: Julian Price and Mt. Pisgah in North Carolina, and Peaks of Otter in Virginia. Each team varies in size from two (Julian Price and Peaks of Otter) to four (Mt.Pisgah).
- Summer only
- Mentors not available for seminarians
- Catholic mass nearby for interested team members (Julian Price only)
- Undergraduate and seminary team members can expect to be placed at either Julian Price or Mt. Pisgah. We prefer to only place team members with an RV at Peaks of Otter.
Team members seek employment from Eseeola Lodge (Julian Price) or Mt. Pisgah Inn (Mt. Pisgah), depending upon ministry assignment offered. Team members at Peaks of Otter do not typically seek employment.
- Preferred availability of mid-May through October (Julian Price)
- Preferred availability of mid-May through late August (Mt. Pisgah)
- Restaurant/Food service
- Front desk
- Golf course maintenance and lifeguarding (Julian Price only)
- Housekeeping (Mt. Pisgah only)
- Dorm-style with shared bath
- Married housing not available
- Bringing a car is highly encouraged!
* If you are interested in serving in the Blue Ridge Parkway as a ministry team member, you must first apply with ACMNP. To learn more about working and living along the Blue Ridge Parkway (including employee housing costs), please visit http://www.pisgahinn.com/employment_opportunities.htm.
How YOU can get involved with ACMNP in the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Apply to serve as a ministry team member!
- Attend a service of worship during your next trip.
- Support our team by volunteering to serve on a local Ministry Support Committee.
- Contact us to learn more.
Information About The Park
The Blue Ridge Parkway is “America’s Favorite Drive,” encompassing 469 miles of gentle, rolling mountain splendor from Virginia to North Carolina. Within this region of Appalachia, you’ll encounter lush and thick green forests, open meadows, stunning vistas, cliff outcroppings, flowing waterfalls, brilliant wildflowers, and fall colors in just about every shade of the rainbow.
Popular activities along the Parkway include hiking, camping, backpacking, rock climbing, fishing, horseback riding, river rafting, bird watching, and swimming in local swimming holes.
- Grandfather Mountain
- Linville Falls
- Mount Mitchell
- Waterrock Knob
- Blue Ridge Music Center
- Skyline Drive
The Appalachian mountains are alive with species of mammals (black bears, deer, coyote, and bobcats, to name just a few), amphibians, birds, fish, and reptiles.
To learn more about travelling to the Blue Ridge Parkway, what the weather is like, park activities, or planning your trip, please visit http://www.nps.gov/blri/.