Winter Immersion Impact Trip
in Death Valley
December 31-January 3, 2017-18
A Christian Ministry in the National Parks (ACMNP) is excited to announce that we will be ringing in the New Year in Death Valley National Park! We will be gathering at Furnace Creek, Group Site 2, on Sunday, December 31 - Wednesday, January 3.
This is an informal, end-of-year celebration where we will get to worship with the Death Valley team, enjoy the park, share ACMNP fellowship, and join NPS to assist in stewardship projects! We would love for you to join us!
Cost: $60/person. Fee includes camping for three nights and meals (dinner on 12/31 through breakfast on 1/3)…cost is the same for any number of nights you attend. You will also need a park pass available at the park gate.
ADD $50 if you would like to participate in a Leadership Development Assessment. It is administered online and includes assessment interpretation and developmental coaching with Amy Kennedy and/or Dave Degler.
Reserve your spot today….
1. Reserve your space online through Eventbrite website. (Call ACMNP at 1-800-786-3450 if you have any questions)
2. Pay your $60/person at: http://www.acmnp.com/ways-to-give/give-now or send check to ACMNP, 9185 E. Kenyon Suite 230, Denver, CO 80237 (Please put Winter IMPACT in the Comments section).
You will need to provide:
- Snacks and drinks for you and your group (feel free to bring some to share)
- Camping equipment (tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, headlamp, water bottle, etc.)
- Spending money for showers, etc.
- Transportation to the park. If you are interested in ride-sharing contact ACMNP and we will work to connect you with other participants.
What will we do?
- Informally explore the park…most the time will be planned by you! Be sure to include new ACMNP friends.
- Campfires including…ACMNP stories, singing, brief devotionals
- Stewardship Project…trash pick-up around park
- Worship on Sunday morning
- Evening Games…volleyball, etc.
- Eat, eat, eat
If you want to join in the festivities, but are not keen on camping, lodging options are available at Furnace Creek Inn and Ranch: http://www.oasisatdeathvalley.com/ for an additional cost. Let us know your travel plans, and if you are interested in ride-sharing, we can help connect you to some other alumni or ACMNP friends attending!
We are excited to celebrate with you and hope you'll consider joining for these New Years festivities!